Are you an aspiring 3d artist?
Come and join us for our next Do Academy.
5 years in, and we’re about to host our next Do Academy. Come and join us for weekly evening classes, where we’ll show you how to do what we do.
There’s no previous experience necessary, just an appetite to learn.
The Academy was introduced to contribute towards the 3D community in our area, and give us an opportunity to nurture future talent in to the 3D Artists of tomorrow, many of whom now work for us today. You’ll learn from some of the best artists around how to light, texture, and model scenes for architectural visualisation, using 3DS Max and Vray.
Dates for the sessions are as follows:
10th January 2023
17th January 2023
24th January 2023
31st January 2023
7th February 2023
Sessions run 4pm till 7pm from our offices in Taffs Well.
- Introduction to 3DS Max
- Basic modelling
- Exercise - Modelling a table and chair.
- Working across Revit and 3DS Max
- Lighting an interior scene.
- Camera settings and composition.
- Exercise - Light your own scene
- Introduction to Materials
- Diffuse, Reflection, Bump, Normals and more.
- UVW Mapping
- Blend, Falloff and more.
- Exercise - Texture your scene.
- Producing Render Elements, and their uses.
- Using a Render Farm
- Post Production
- Colour grading
- Exercise - Produce a test image including full post production.
- Advanced Modelling
- Cloth modifiers and simulation
- Turbo Smooth
- Exercise - Model a sofa and add it to your scene.
Academy is the future of what we do.
We have a passion for teaching, and know the importance of bringing in the next generation. Think that could be you? Drop me an email on [email protected] and we can save you a space. Spaces are limited, so get in touch quickly!